Renewables 2019 is the IEA market analysis and forecast from 2019 to 2024 on renewable energy and technologies. It provides global trends and developments for renewable energy in the electricity, heat and transport sectors.
The analysis this year contains an in-depth look at distributed solar PV, which is set to more than double in capacity in the next five years, accounting for almost half of all solar PV growth. The report assesses the current state of play of distributed solar PV and maps out its huge growth potential in the coming years.
GreenBiz provided 5 takeaways from the report (link)
- After a sluggish 2018, renewables are getting their mojo back
- Surging growth in distributed solar presents fresh problems
- Prepare for a biofuel boom
- Renewables could draw level with coal by 2024
- The IEA is almost always wrong