Associate, Business Development and Marketing
Location: New York City
At Madison Energy Investments, we believe the future of energy is distributed. In order to realize this future in the required timetable, institutional capital needs to have access to stable, long-term clean energy assets. Our goal is to provide a platform that unlocks the clean energy asset class to institutional investors and enables our outstanding network of partners to do what they do best. Madison Energy Investments was founded in 2018 and has offices in New York City and Northern Virginia.
This position will play a crucial role at Madison Energy Investments, helping the team deploy hundreds of millions of dollars into the clean energy sector. Madison Energy Investments is a start-up atmosphere backed by Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, one of the world’s leading infrastructure funds.
This individual will report directly to the Managing Partner, Business Development. They will be responsible for business development, marketing, policy and communications surrounding our solar development and investments in the C&I distributed generation sector.
Summary of activities (in addition to whatever is required by all at a startup):
· Proactively manage current relationships with development partners across the U.S.
· Originate new partner relationships in current and emerging markets.
· Lead marketing efforts to develop materials and research (white papers, marketing sheets, proposals); and events and outreach. This includes conferences, customer events, trade shows and initiatives with our trade/channel partners.
· Support the Senior Associate of Business Development in developing new business and providing technical and financial guidance on solar development and investing to MEI partners.
· Coordinate with industry associations on new market and technology analysis and regulatory affairs.
· 3+ years of experience in the power generation or electric utility industry in investment or business development related roles, experience working for a top-tier developer, experience in investment banking or advisory related to energy and natural resources, or proven track record at a successful startup.
· First class presentation and communication skills including both internal (investment committee, new product development pitches, etc) and external (client pitches, conference presentations, etc) presentations.
· Experience in creating and modifying presentation materials and assisting with the analysis supporting it.
· Experience in renewable energy (especially solar) is strongly preferred.
· BA/BS or equivalent is required with a preference of MBA and/or JD.
· Significant travel will be required.
Those interested in the position should send their resume/CV and detailed cover letter to email@example.com.
Madison Energy Investments is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.