Renewable Energy – Project Manager
Madison Energy Investments (“MEI”) believes in the power of clean energy infrastructure and has quickly emerged as a preeminent developer, investor, asset owner, and operator of distributed generation. This role represents a critical next step in MEI’s evolution toward offering direct, end-to-end services to Fortune 500 corporates, public entities, nonprofits, and other private customers alike.
The Project Manager will provide management of fast paced distributed renewable energy projects in one of the fastest growing energy industries in the U.S. In this Project Management role, you will continue to develop and leverage your skills and experience managing the construction of renewable energy projects through the development, design, and construction phases. The projects will range in size and complexity from smaller rooftops to large ground mounted systems all over the country. Join our construction team and have a large impact on the renewable energy industry nationwide.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Managing the development of new project designs with facility owners, property owners, and engineering resources.
• Identifying and resolving key construction conditions, risks, and issues.
• Managing and driving to completion the development of power purchasing and site control agreements.
• Managing the equipment selection and procurement process.
• Preparing and negotiating subcontractor and supplier agreements.
• Developing overall project schedule with engineering, supplier, subcontractors, and clients.
• Monitoring and controlling subcontractors and construction through site visits, meetings, and documentation to deliver project on schedule and budget.
• Representing MEI in all project meetings.
• Managing project budget and subcontractor cost control.
• Acting as liaison to clients and customers.
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with vendors, trade partners, and customers.
• Assessing work completed to date and management of invoices to ensure suppliers and subcontractors are paid appropriately.
What We Are Looking For:
• A degree in Engineering, Building Construction, or a high school diploma with at least 3 years of construction experience.
• Must have computer experience with Windows applications: word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
• Electrical or Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent education or experience.
• Minimum of 5 years managing Photovoltaic construction projects.
• Strong leadership skills and detailed-oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of flexibility and resourcefulness.
• Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills including problem solving and conflict management.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, electrical, civil, and structural.
• Work involves moderate exposure to elements, such as hot/cold temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or loud noises.
• Work environment involves some exposure to construction-related hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
• Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds and some standing or walking.
• Work requires out-of-town travel to job sites and customer locations.
Location: Tysons Corner, VA
Compensation Range: $92,000 – $150,000
Those interested in the position should send their resume/CV and detailed cover letter to email@example.com.
Madison Energy Investments is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.