These novel batteries technologies could be the future of energy storage Over the past decade, prices for solar panels and wind farms have reached all-time lows. However, the price for lithium ion batteries, the leading energy storage technology, has remained too high. So researchers are exploring other alternatives, including flow batteries, thermal batteries, and gravity-based systems. If they can crack the code for long-duration energy storage, renewables like wind and solar will finally be able to compete with fossil fuels.
- Industry Happenings – November 2021 December 3, 2021
- The Top Reads & Listens from November 2021 December 3, 2021
- Visiting Alencon December 3, 2021
- MEI at the Southeast Renewable Energy Summit November 16, 2021
- ESA Energy Storage Annual Conference & Expo | December 1-3, 2021 November 15, 2021