Infocast’s Solar Power Finance & Investment and Wind Power Finance & Investment is widely recognized as the foremost events for leading industry players to get fully briefed on the year ahead. This year marked the first unified Solar + Wind Finance & Investment Summit in Scottsdale, AZ, March 7-9, 2022.
Our own Jack Hachmann was a featured speaker on the panel: Meeting Today’s Key Challenges: Tariffs, Commodity Prices, Supply Chain & Equipment Logistics.
We all know how supply chain issues have become increasingly material as the economy moves toward a new post-pandemic norm. Tariff and ESG concerns have impacted sourcing solar equipment and batteries from China, commodity costs have been both volatile and high, while logistics remain problematical. This panel discussed the lingering effects of Covid-19 and other issues affecting equipment costs and availability, as well as potential workarounds and future prospects.
The panel addressed questions such as:
• How are commodity pricing issues with steel, polysilicon, cobalt, and other items affecting
pricing of major components such as wind towers, racking systems, solar modules, and LiIon
• What impacts are tariffs and ESG-driven restrictions having?
• Is it safe to assume that equipment prices will continue to decline in assessing project
• How is forced labor changing equipment supply chain logistics and oversight?
• Are the current shipping constraints and difficulties likely to persist?